[BUG] Project saving hangs

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Feb 22 19:02:55 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

> The dangling references to external files worry me a bit. I'd like to
> distribute programs as image/VM combinations, allowing project saving, and
> not have to worry about whether external images might exist any more.

You only get the dangeling references when you have a project in the
image when you distribute it. A trick to get rid of the external
references is to just touch the image/form so it thinks it's changed and
forgets about the original reference.

As I said in the previous email, a fallback could generate the file
again when needed.

> Where does the Form know about the external filename? I missed that part.

The ResourceManager in the project knows about external resources. For
now this only includes images, but it is intended to keep references to
external sound and especially movie files there as well.

Michael