Modules and class... [ a off-topic question ?]

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 22 20:54:34 UTC 2002

On Friday 22 February 2002 02:32 pm, rallende at harlan.di.unc.edu.ar wrote:

> Sorry... but we did not use uml. For us a module is a "well defined
> component of a software system, (and) we may view a module as a provider
> of a computational resource of services" Carlo Ghezzi et.al. Software
> engineering principles.

Regardless of whether or not you used UML, my prior comments still stand
w/r/t the nature of a module: it needs to be big enough (possibly many
classes) to do all of the work required of it, and to present a usable,
consistent interface.

Often (most of the time) a single class does not have the capability required
of a module.

A single class is rarely (re)usable by itself.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com