[ANN] [GOODIE] rST - Remote Smalltalk

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Sat Feb 23 08:02:15 UTC 2002

Yes, this is what you'll want to use, I think.  I have attached a few
subclasses to the framework that I used to prototype pass-by-reference.  It
is a DynamocMappingRule, and the associated configuration, Load and Save
Contexts, and a new object stream which uses these.    The Mapping Rule
will allow you to specify custom mapping rules.  For instance, you can
create one that matches any Process objects and substitute a remote
reference.  The great thing about this framework, is that you do these
transformations as you are encoding the graph of objects.  In other words,
you walk the graph once, and do in place substitutions.

I believe that Paul has a newer version he has been working on, which turns
all the Load and Save rules into instance based rules, rather than using
classes.

Cheers,
Rob