ARM GCC compiler issue

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Feb 24 15:54:56 UTC 2002

Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I far as remember there was some floating point issues.

That's about it; what seems to happen is that a fp instruction is placed
in the function preamble when optimization is on. This fp instruction is
not acceptable to the FP-emulator module and it go boom. Under the
earlier fp-emulator (the one licensed from Acorn directly) the
instruction was not correct, but tolerated, so no practical problem.

For some reason when no optimisation isused this instruction is not
scheduled at all.

tim

Fractured Idiom:- VENI, VIDI, VISA - I came, I saw, I bought