External plugins on OS X

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sun Feb 24 23:41:45 UTC 2002

On Sunday, February 24, 2002, at 08:27 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Actually I should look into this. As the os-x people know the squeak
> vm.app is really a directory and could contain an image, changeset and
> plugins. Then you just move the app around without concern about losing
> pieces.

Yes, I just implemented this for CocoaSqueak last week and it is REALLY
nice.  Since the VM is rather small compared to the image (total size of
package including image/changse/sources is 41 MB, the VM itself around a
meg), it might make sense to save an image with a containig VM-package
as a default.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com