3.2 VM building...

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Mon Feb 25 01:08:52 UTC 2002

Hi Folks:

I've just only gotten around to trying to build a 3.2 VM.  I've been playing
with VMMaker, and with some effort, I got a VM to build.  2 questions
arose, however:

1) squeakFileOffsetType
This was undefined when I tried to build gnu-interp.c.  After checking
the mail archives, I noticed someone suggested setting it to:

#define squeakFileOffsetType off_t

So, I set this and it compiled fine.

Is this a correct assumption?  I'm running an old Mandrake install on
a PIII..I'm not really clear on what this should be set to.

2) The generated ./src tree that VMMaker spits out seems to only create
the plugin and interpreter files.  Where do I find the rest?  I have an
old copy of the 'SHA' ./src files and I used that...I just used VMMaker
to overwrite what was there.  When I built the VM I had to 'manually' relocate
a pile of header files for certain plugins in order to get everything to
build.

Thanks for any advice!