[newbie]Does Model + Morphic = MVC?

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 04:54:06 UTC 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Gary McGovern wrote:

> I believe dependents that persist after the master is destroyed are called zombies and can cause a
> memory leak (memory filled with dead objects).

I don't think I've ever come across zombie used in that way in an OO (and
specifically, Smalltalk) context. Sun's glossary says:

"zombie: A process that has terminated but remains in the process table because
its parent process has not sent the proper exit code. Zombie processes are
removed from the process table when a system is rebooted  and do not consume
any system resources."

Anyone?

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use