[pws] problem running swiki on nt

Bill at GLO Ltd bill at gloltd.com
Mon Feb 25 14:07:54 UTC 2002

Hi

I'm sure the problem is the following

in Visual Works I can explicitly set the socket address ...

sa := IPSocketAddress hostAddress: (IPSocketAddress hostAddressByName:
'BILLSMACHINE') port: 5678.
skt bindTo: sa.

... and I can see using a network monitor utility a socket listenting  on
5678 with a
local ip of 192.168.0.1 and this is accessible over the network.

In squeak if I do ...

Socket initializeNetwork.
(Socket newTCP) listenOn: 5678.

... I see a socket listening on 5678 with a local ip of 0.0.0.0  and this is
not
accessible over the network, but it it accessible on the local machine.

There must be some configuration or something in squeak so that it uses the
right local ip when it makes a socket.

In squeak  ...
NetNameResolver localHostAddress    ...   gives  ByteArray(192 168 0 1).
so that is not the problem.

Regards

Bill