mac os-x -> Need multiple button mice with scroll wheel

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Feb 26 15:06:29 UTC 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> The wheel support I added to the Unix VM just gets button 4 or 5 events
> from X and passes them up to the image as Up or Down keystroke events,
> since there was no representation of mouse wheel actions in the image.

Oops! You added that, too? In my version (that made it into Ian's code at
some point) the wheel sends ctrl+up/down, not just up/down keystrokes, to
distinguish them from normal key presses ...

John: the keyboard events work well even in MVC, I'm not sure we really
need to invent new events ...

-- Bert