[FIX] Directory Entries for Unix VM in Secure Mode (repost)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Feb 26 15:59:53 UTC 2002

This didn't make it into the updates, yet:

"Change Set:		UnixDirSec-bf
Date:			5 November 2001
Author:			Bert Freudenberg

Fake directory entries above the default directory when Unix VM is in
secure mode. Might be useful for other systems, too?"

Explanation: I just stumbled over that bug again when I downloaded a fresh
image. I always run Squeak in secure (file sandbox) mode so it cannot
access the directories above. This makes Directory>>assureExistance
perform an indefinite loop. My fix makes sure that even for directories
above the sandbox one directory entry is generated so the existence test
succeeds. This is the right place for the fix, other features start
working again, like the FileList listing that was broken when one happened
to klick outside the sandbox: now you can at least go back where you
belong ...

-- Bert