[FIX][VM][UNIX] vmPath (was: "Re: [BUGS] Looking for plugins (Linux)")

Joern Eyrich joern at eyrich.org
Tue Jan 1 21:18:11 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > btw, what do I have to do to be able to check in files into the SF CVS?
> Well, technically, get added as a suitable developer in thr SF project.
I've had a dormant developer account that I once got in order to add my
Joystick code (hm, maybe I should dig that out again) 2 years ago, which
I didn't actually do, because the repository seemed not to settle down
first and then to be abandoned.
After learning a bit more about CVS I am now finally able to use it.
In order to see if I have commit rights, I tried to add Joshua Gargus's
"sqFilenameFromStringOpen" in "sqPlatformSpecific.h".
It worked.
So the SF tree should build out of the box with a 4599 interpreter now.

> Politically, I think we're trying to keep the number allowed to write to
> a minimum to avoid any chance of rampant alterations. Some people also
> seem not to like the idea of 'their' code being altered by other people.
Seems reasonable to have someone who has an overview of the whole system
to review each change for its potential impact on other parts.
I've seen code that had become rather ugly over time because the
maintainers all seemed to have a different mental model of the system.

> Me, I'm more than happy for people to improve code I write. Sometimes I
> even learn something from it!
Well, not this time; it's mainly a cut & paste job...

Joern