[ANN][VM][SF] my Unix patches integrated into SF layout

Joern Eyrich joern at eyrich.org
Tue Jan 1 21:34:10 UTC 2002

> I would be perfectly happy for these to get folded into the communal
> source forge site, if people want to go that route.

Great! I'm all for integrating it.

But it doesn't work for me (yet).

- First, I expected to have to run the copied version of configure in
the build directory as with the current SF tree; but ok, you documented
that one should use the one in "platforms/unix/misc"
- Then, I see that all the *.c files are compiled from the "platforms"
hierarchy, and not in the copied hierarchy under the build dir; here it
really doesn't make any sense to copy everything first

Ok, but these are cosmetic/a matter of taste.

- the compile of gnu-interp.c fails with a host of

gnu-interp.c:5152: parse error before `:'

error messages. the relevant source is

CASE(0:)

which is expanded as (sqGnu.h)

#define CASE(N) case N: _##N:

which is obviously problematic.

It's generated from (interp.c)

		case 0:

by (gnuify)

(stage == 2) && /^              case / {
  print "               CASE(" substr($NF,0,length($NF)) ")";
  next;
}

so the result is what I would have expected.
but as it has obviously worked for you, I wonder what I have done
wrong/differently.
Any ideas?

i looked for inspiration in the current SF source, which has (gnuify)

(stage == 2) && /^              case / {
  print "               CASE(" $3 ")";
  next;
}

here, I am completely at a loss how it could have worked before, because
in my understanding the original line only has 2 fields...

can anybody help?

Thanks,
Joern