[ANN] Activity project for time planning/tracking available

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Jan 3 20:39:22 UTC 2002

BSS now has my Activity project.  It's rough, but I have been using it
for several months.

This project develops a tool to plan and track the use of time by
priorities.  In particular, I want to be able to plan how much time to
spend on different activities over a week based on their priorities
and other attributes (e.g., I should spend some time doing what is
pleasurable; I should not spend too much time on the keyboard, etc.)
This should be informed by realistic estimates of how long things will
take.

Several pieces of work by others form part of this project; in some
cases they have been modified.  The Introduction workspace gives
details.  Note there are some changes to base classes; I believe most
of those have since made it into the the public update stream.

This uses a modified version of Brent Pinkney's DateAndTime changes.
However, these do not take over your image, leaving the standard
Date/Time classes in place and in use unless you specifically use the
new classes.  I have also published the DateAndTime changes
separately.

You will need a current alpha image to get it because it has instances
of the new BorderMorps.  I've verified that it can be filed in (or
whatever the word is for projects) to a clean image and works,
provided you execute the command shown at the top of the "Working With
the Project Workspace".

It includes a tutorial introduction to the system.

Enjoy!