[updates] On to 3.3alpha

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jan 12 02:12:27 UTC 2002

>Folks -
>
>As planned...
>
>[done]	1.  Get all appropriate VM changes from Andreas and JohnMc
>		into the update stream.

Note some people have reported to me that directory size information
in the macintosh classic 3.2.1 VM shows up as a really large number.
This is a bug in the VM, not the Smalltalk code, and is not present
in the carbon 3.2.1 VM because I had early fixed it there and was
*sure* that it shouldn't have been in the classic (oops), but it
appears I never confirmed that.

I will look into fixing it next week.

However before then please check out the 3.2.1 VM. both in OS-X and
OS-9. Hint check them out, I'll need to do another build and I'm on a
bug hunt, or I should say you folks are....

The 4647DragAndDropAtStart-JMM adds the ability to say drag a bunch
of jpegs to squeak along with an image and launch that image and
auto-open all the jpegs. Also under OS-9 the ability to drag say
jpegs to the running Squeak icon and have those files open within
Squeak.

For many versions we have had the ability to drag/drop docs into a
Squeak window and have them open with whichever reader can understand
them, or the text reader  if unknown.

Any document can be dragged to Squeak this way, all that is need is
some Squeak based reader code, you too could write a reader.

Note under OS-X some of the drag/drop rules are different, and or a bit broken.