[Q] password encryption

David Mitchell dmitchell at appliedreasoning.com
Mon Jan 14 16:08:59 UTC 2002

I think you want an MD5 hash. See this page on the Swiki:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/351

And here is the excerpt:

"http://akasta.com/downloads/Md5.cs is an implementation of the MD5
hash algorithm for Squeak done by Duane Maxwell. It is a stand alone
class, with a self test built in, and integrates with Celeste for APOP
authentication. It works fine in Squeak versions 3.0 and 3.1, as well
later version 2 images."

--David Mitchell
dmitchell at appliedreasoning.com