Squeak VNC text performance on handhelds?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jan 15 00:14:31 UTC 2002

I know several of you have iPaq and similar handhelds that run Linux.

Have any of you tried to use the vncviewer on your handheld and connect with
a Squeak/Xvnc combination running on another machine over a network?

We're looking to have a small remote display for Squeak, but have found when
using Xvnc and the WinCE viewer that text echoing has a delay of around 1.5
to 2 seconds. I don't know whether this is a limitation of the WinCE viewer
(I see no such delay from a faster machine running the Win32 client), or
whether the Linux viewer running on a handheld would exhibit this problem.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com