Learning Squeak (was: Porting Squeak)

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 15 01:28:16 UTC 2002

> > have you looked at Guzdial's text book?
>
> Yes, of course -- if you mean the one I think you do.  Looked at, and read
> (the online version ... if the hardcopy is substantially different, I
> wouldn't know).  Nice book.  Topical.  But more of a reference than an

I believe the book referred to is Mark's earlier text, "Squeak -- Object
Oriented Design with Multimedia Applications," which begins at a much more
basic level.

But if I may widen the "Learning Squeak" field a tad, can anyone here
comment on Korienek, Wrensch and Dechow's "Squeak -- A Quick Trip to
Objectland?"  I'm looking for something suitable for students at the middle-
and high-school level with little to no programming experience to unlearn.

Gary Fisher