ClockMorph update problem?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:08:25 UTC 2002

Chris Muller wrote:

> Does anyone else keep a ClockMorph on their Squeak
> desktop?  Since upgrading to 3.1, it seems like it no
> longer updates automatically, only when I click on it.
>
> I haven't had a chance to get into Morphic yet, but I
> did try setting the stepTime: to 1000 (milliseconds?)
> but this didn't help.
>
> How can I get it to stay updated?

Do you mean the little (digital) clock that sits on the (opened, left
hand) flap?

I have only the vaguest recollection of one set of updates sending my
one gaga. In the end, I simply deleted it and grabbed another from the
supplies flap and planted it there. (You might like to try popping
another up there before deleting your old one.) Just checked, it's still
there and working in 3.3a.

My guess (nothing more) is that something pretty fundamental in the
updatestream changed and couldn't update the "living" morph on the flap.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211