Snap to it

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jan 15 18:54:49 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 08:35 am, David N. Smith (IBM) wrote:
> Does anybody know any slick ways for assembling morphs by dragging one
> close to another and having it snap into place? The dragged morph might
> even become a submorph of the item it is dragged to, and certainly the
> assembled morphs are one entity of some kind and can themselves be dragged
> near yet another morph and snap into place.

I'd come up with a variety of PasteUpMorph that knows what to do when Morphs
are dropped (i.e. look around to see if there's one near enough).

You could use such a beast as a World or as a stand-alone assembly platform.

I'd probably use another Morph to wrap the (two or more) snapped Morphs into
(and mark that Morph as being just a container, perhaps with a property).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com