TextMorph - difficulty

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 03:40:37 UTC 2002

Gary McGovern wrote:

> Hello,
> Today I embedded a TextMorph into an Ellipse and embedded the ellipse into a SystemWindow.
> Now when I use the duplicate spot for the SystemWindow and make another instance the
> TextMorph falls out of the ellipse and disappears. But when I move the new window instance
> back over the original the TextMorph jumps back in. I noticed somthing similar a couple of month
> back when using PluggableTextMorphs.

Well, it's not what you want to hear, but I've just tried it in 3.3a and
it works as you'd expect (that's to say, the complete new instance of
the composite morph moves as one). I've got a vague memory of
encountering similar problems in 2.7 (or was it 2.8?). I think at some
point the copy (or maybe deep copy) stuff changed pretty radically,
which may account for it.

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211