[BUG] undesired automatic World menu item selection

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Jan 17 18:20:17 UTC 2002

I think I know what's causing this bug... somehow the World menu is not accounting for the width of the modified "undo" item, and so it doesn't display the menu to the left of the mouse-click when it should (when it's near the right side of the screen).

You'll notice that if you start up a truly unmodified image in which there's nothing to be undone (so that the menu says "can't undo"), the menu does not have this problem.  But then if you do something like pick up a morph, the menu says something like "undo move SystemWindow" and then the problem happens.

I tracked the problem down to MenuMorph>>positionAt:relativeTo:inWorld: if someone wants to try to fix it.  (See the "If it doesn't fit, show it to the left..." comment)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com