SqueakFoundation; get off your butts you lot!

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 19 21:58:25 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: SqueakFoundation; get off your butts you lot!

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, PhiHo Hoang wrote:
>
> >     Is this the same Dave hanging out on Ruby NG and helping them so much
?

> >     Lucky those Ruby fans. I wish some one love Squeak so much to write a
> > book for Squeak like the one Dave wrote for Ruby and gave away the soft
copy
> > on the net.
> [snip]
>
> Well, Mark Guzdial wrote and edited some books for Squeak and the
> anthology at least is available on the net. Testimony to a fair number of
> people who love Squeak "so much".
>
> While I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, it does come of sounding more
> than a little ungrateful. It certainly makes me a little tired and
> uninteresting in helping.

Must be having a bad day- it didn't look that way to me!  Squeak needs strong
advocates.  What's wrong with wanting them?  Sure, it's much better to pitch
in and help in whatever way you can, but real life does intrude upon our
virtual existence from time to time.  I'll take whatever we can get, and be
happy to contribute in whatever way I can.

- les