Building latest Unix VM - how?

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Sun Jan 20 00:00:13 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> said:
>> Anyway, it wouldn't be too hard to fiddle a bit with code generation
>> here, methinks.
>
>This is in Unix-specific code, so that won't work directly.

Sorry, I didn't mean SLANG code generation, I meant a good ol'
sh/awk/sed/whatever hack :-). Under Linux, there's a nice include file
with all the system calls that has enough information to spit out wrappers.
Or, you could re-generate all syscall macros to be restartable and
shove that under the C library. At least under Linux that'd give you a
VM to test on in maybe an hour or so.

>:)  It's not *that* bad I don't think -- more like a few hours, I would
>hope.  But...  I've always had something more interesting to work on,
>whenever I find a few hours to tinker with Squeak!

And I won't be any help either. Seems I've been drafted for the SqF (yeah,
there's some news coming up...).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>