Learning Squeak

Justin Walsh jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 20 07:18:56 UTC 2002

It's really great to see some support for Knowledge Based (declaritive)
solutions.
The Jarva option may be excellent but perhaps, before looking outside of
Squeak someone might take a peek at:

a.k.a. Sq-Prolog  at      http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1000
by Mike Teng
port to Squeak by BolotKerimbaev at  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/195
Somebody who has got it working  Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Another is    G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl

I'm happy to cooperate with anyone just a long as it doesn't bother the
regular squeakers.
My experience stops at the /V286 implementation though.
By the way my reference to Picoverse http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/574
was really limited to just a few paragraphs begining with:
"So the main idea is to bring the entire world to the fingertips of the
Smalltalk Lisp Prolog programmer in the most flexible way.  ..."
Justin
jwalsh at bigpond.net.au