Learning Squeak

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Jan 20 08:49:41 UTC 2002

Alan Kay wrote:

> Les --
>
> I think it would be great for some of the experienced Smalltalkers on
> the list to take a crack at making a "filtered Browser" for a core
> Squeak for beginners. How about ~ 100 classes to do most things? My
> personal preference would be for a set of abstractions that include
> Morphic instead of MVC, but any nice filtering would be a great
> start. To do this really nicely, it might require a few new classes
> to be made that are the higher-level abstraction for what is now
> "over subclassing" in the current system.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan

The change set browser is pretty good for this stuff.
I found it quite good to use for easy access to a limited
number of classes and gives a quite good overview
over the project and what it involves.
With a little modification so one could create classes in
it, one could do most of the hacking from there.

Karl