Time, a question to the mach-o os-x carbon users (3.2.1)

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 20 05:49:02 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> Now it seems I got a note from a squeaker that let me know on his
> machine when he starts Squeak up a Time now or the clock morphic runs
> about 51 minutes slow as compared to what the Finder shows in the
> menu bar. Hint he is somewhere near
> Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, FR
>
> heh? if it was an hour diff, or he was in newfoundland well I could
> understand a time zone thing, but 51 minutes? So do I have another
> Squeaker or two who I suspect is running the french version of OS-X
> (10.1.2 btw) out there to see if they can recreate the problem? Let
> alone anyone else who can report werid Time values?

Hi John,

I'm from Montréal, using Mac OSX 10.1.2 on a G3 350 Mhz, and carbon
Squeak VM 3.2.1.

When installing Mas OSX I choosed French language but this is a North
American Mas OSX. Is that what you call about when you say ' the french
version of OS-X ' ?

When you say 51 minutes slow, is this means that the clock morph is 51
late ? If it is I don't have this problem.

I'm willing to help if I can, but you'll have to tell me what to do...

Ciao