[ENH]HtmlTables in Scamper (work in slow progress)

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Jan 20 18:48:48 UTC 2002

John Hinsley wrote:

> Karl Ramberg wrote:
> >

> > This is a little shortcut to access the TableMorph,
> > just open a inspector on Scamper and doit:
> >
> > self allMorphsDo: [:i| (i isKindOf: TableMorph) ifTrue:[i makeATable]]
>
> I suspect that there's a syntax error here: I open an inspector on
> Scamper (but the inspector window shows it as a SystemWindow) and get
> the debugger MessageNotUnderstood: makeATable.

That's ok. the doit will hunt down those Tables and render them.

> On the other hand, i is a TableMorph (or so says the debugger) with no
> methods on either side and I can't find makeATable anywhere in the
> heirarchy.
Did you file in the right change set ?
I have filed it in to several images on my system and it loads and works
in
the basic state it is.

> So, still no luck.

> This is in 3.3a #4653 with both of Lex's recent Scamper patches applied
> (although I can't see anything there that would have clobbered it).
>
> I've just taken a peek with Scamper at one of the pages from LC's
> Traffic Light tutorial (the one in Spanish) which contains some of the
> most complex formatting I've ever come across. And it displays pretty
> well (thanks to your previous stuff) except that Scamper doesn't really
> know how to align rows properly. Screen grab attached.

Rows and colls, rowspans and collspans are covered in the new
change set, but those darn html authors keep throwing sand in the
machine by adding columns and stuff all over the place and it's quite
hard to
anticipate ;-)

Karl