[CFP] Squeak and Soft Computing: Squeak News February issue

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Sun Jan 20 19:07:05 UTC 2002

Deadline: 11th of February, 2002

Theme: Squeak and Soft Computing

It is our belief that Squeak is one of the nicest platforms to develop soft
computing applications, therefore the February 2002 issue will focus on
"soft computing". Articles on conceptual explanations and/or Squeak
applications of any of the following:

1. Fuzzy logic
2. Genetic algorithms, Genetic programming
3. Neural Networks
4. Bio-programming, bio-simulations
5. AI
6. Applications of the above technologies

Any other subjects that you may think relevant are welcome as well.

In this issue we will publish an in-depth interview with the father of Fuzzy
Logic, Prof. Lotfi Zadeh.

Your article does not need to be related to the theme of the month to be
published in Squeak News. Any subject that may be relevant to Squeak is
welcome.

If you write an "active article" (must be comparable to the Juggling article
featured in the August 2001 issue which you can download from
http://www.squeaknews.com/download/index.html  i.e. live code, dynamic
illustrations, in a GeeMail) we will reward you with an "Active article
contributor" certificate, and if you agree to have your article available
only in the Squeak News e-zine exclusively for the first 60 days of
publishing we will also pay you US$150 at the end of these 60 days of
publishing of your article for each "active article" you have published in
Squeak News. Please contact me before you start as I will send you a
template and some requirements and explanations. This will be applicable to
future issues as well.

Please check http://www.squeaknews.com/authors/index.html for other CFPs and
details.

Tansel Ersavas