[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Mon Jan 21 17:34:21 UTC 2002

At 9:41 AM +0100 1/21/02, Cees de Groot wrote:
>Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> said:
>>Okay, I've uploaded SHA to SourceForge.  This is convenient for
>>developers... and awkward for people who just want to compile the VM for
>>Unix.  We'll have to come up with some way to distribute snapshots....
>>
>I'll be happy to setup a nightly cronjob on the squeakfoundation FTP server
>that makes a (weekly?) snapshot of the CVS thing.

I'm not sure I see where the advantage of a weekly snapshot would be.
If I need the version from a particular date, I just ask CVS for the
version as of that date.

If the idea is to allow folks to not have to bother with CVS, it
might be better to take snapshots of the CVS tree at known-stable
times that correspond with specific released image versions.

If folks need the up-to-the-minute experimental stuff, requiring them
to use CVS doesn't seem too onerous.

Or am I missing the point of your offer?

-Martin