[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 21 19:19:14 UTC 2002

In message <a05101008b872002a2bae@[10.0.0.88]>
          Martin McClure <martin at hand2mouse.com> wrote:

> If the idea is to allow folks to not have to bother with CVS, it
> might be better to take snapshots of the CVS tree at known-stable
> times that correspond with specific released image versions.
>
> If folks need the up-to-the-minute experimental stuff, requiring them
> to use CVS doesn't seem too onerous.
Almost exactly the point I was trying to make. CVs appears to have all the
basic capabilities to provide easy access to a 'certified' release in
one go; I guess it would be nice to then archive each release in various
ways for people not interested in using cvs. Archives with _everything_
pre-generated as used for a release should be included.

We're trying to work out some of the details of how to make sqCVS handle
all this for use, so that VMMaker can be more helpful with it. I hope to
end up with a list of releases+'latest' available from a menu, hit the
button, grab the right sources (including eventually the module with a
the matching squeak Interpreter et al.) and go.

tim

Strange OpCodes: SEOB: Set Every Other Bit