[BUG] "GenieTest" gesture dictionary doesn't load

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Mon Jan 21 21:10:42 UTC 2002

Hi Nathanael--

> I tried to load the test dictionary in my system and it works.
> Nevertheless, I'd like to help you track down your problem.

	Thanks!

> In case you still have the problem, can you give me some more
> information about the type of error and what image you use?

-	ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>readReference, at position six in
GenieTest.ggd, gets a referencePosition of 101466962 from the next four
bytes of the file (Squeak reports the size of GenieTest.ggd as 22537
bytes :).
-	Later, in ReferenceStream(DataStream)>>next) the ReferenceStream gets
nil for the type of the object to be read, closes the file, and asks the
file for its position.
-	StandardFileStream>>primGetPosition: fails (since it was previously
closed and never reopened).

	I got the file with Netscape from
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~schaerli/genie2/GenieTest.ggd, and I have
attached it to this message. Should I get the file some other way, or is
it corrupt, perhaps? I'm using Squeak 3.3a.4563.

	thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta