[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Tue Jan 22 01:00:05 UTC 2002

Noel J. Bergman <noel at devtech.com> said:
>Actually ... thanks for reminding me.  There is an open source project to
>replace CVS, and renaming is specifically one of the issues.  See
>http://subversion.tigris.org/.

Interesting. It uses WebDAV with some extensions (from a quick glance), so
writing a native Squeak client shouldn't be too hard - afaik WebDAV is souped
up HTTP with a bit of XML going up and down, so Squeak has all the components
for that. Certainly worth a look, because it seems that they've solved quite a
number of problems that exist in CVS and from my first scan of the docs, it
looks like this would be very able to handle everything you'd want to do from
a Squeak image...

>So if SqF wants to run its own source control, or get space on tigris.org

SqF can host Subversion, Apache is already there with mod_dav, so it looks
like the installation of a single module would be enough.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>