Integrating the RegisteringFileList

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Tue Jan 22 03:50:50 UTC 2002

> > Sounds like the same mechanism could be used to register protocol
handlers
> > for generalized URL support, and media handlers for MIME types.

> This is just a registration mechanism which principle could apply to a lot
> of things.

Absolutely, and I was remiss in not making the point.

On the other hand, there are other patterns that can be used in differen
situations.  For example, why could not the String>>asX methods be
String:>>as: X, instead?  Something like: ^X class fromString: self.  Now we
don't have to pollute String.

	--- Noel