AW: [VM][OS X] Is the FFI plugin available?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 23:10:05 UTC 2002

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:26:20PM -0800, Martin McClure wrote:
> >
> > I did look at the Unix FFI, but found that it relied on yet another
> > external library and didn't dig deeper there.
> >
> The library you need is libFFI. It was done by cygnus (now redhat).
> The version everyone uses (1.2) does *not* run on MacOS X. But libffi
> seems to be part of GCC (used in the Java runtime, IMHO). And that
> version has been portet to Darwin... but i havn't gotten it to run
> yet.

Unless the ABI on OSX has changed (anybody know?!) you should be able to
just take the code from sqMacFFI.c and wrap it up into GCC assembly.
It's pretty straightforward (well, if you know what you're doing but
Marcus probably does ;-) so you should be able to compile it using GCC.
I did the same for MSVC vs. GCC assembly on Windows; a few #ifdef's go a
very long way here...

Cheers,
  - Andreas