Unix: update #4640 crash. Also,VMMaker problem.

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:49:51 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> >The difference is the use of "off_t". Doing a search for "#define off_t"
> >revealed it was defined as "int", but only in
> >platforms/win32/vm/sqPlatformSpecific.h. (This is why I think something
> >might be missing from SF). So I replace the reference to off_t with
> >"int" and compile.

Yes, the SF code isn't updated yet for John's recent changes and for
Tim's recent ideas for VMMaker.  Give it a day or two please!

Or if you're impatient, put "#define squeakFileOffsetType off_t" in
sqUnixConfig.h.in (It didn't work for me to put it in
sqPlatformSpecific.h, because sq.h uses this define before it includes
sqPlatformSpecific.h!)

-Lex