Unix: update #4640 crash. Also,VMMaker problem.

Steve Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:44:22 UTC 2002

> Yes that is correct, which platform are you building for anyway?

Linux (Mandrake 8.0). And I finally got a build, and it runs the gamma
image. Again, thanks to all who helped.

Note to Tim Rowledge about VMMaker:

I did a build with everything external (the vm built, but would not run
an image, I haven't looked into why -- maybe I didn't move one of the
plugins over). But then, oddly, VMMaker decided I could generate
internal plugins after all. I had written before that I could not
generate internal plugins using VMMaker. I don't know what I did to make
the problem go away. But if you ever want to debug it, I can reproduce
the problem in the following way:

 1. Start up the 4599 image.
 2. Load in VMMaker 3.2 v4.1
 3. In VMMakerTool, drop the DeflatePlugin into the internal column,
then click generate internal.