Moore's law and why persistence may not be necessary.

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Jan 24 12:35:26 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:25:53AM -0500, Stephen Pair wrote:
> I think an OOZE/LOOM like thing for Squeak is very desirable.

Quote from Squeaknews Oct01:

 I like to do Squeak because it is a fun and educational program.  I have
 learned about random numbers, positive and negative numbers, mean and mode.
 I like that you can do most anything having to do with drawing, it may take
 a lot of thinking but we like challenges. Whenever I finish or accomplish on
 Squeak, I feel very proud of my work.  I don't dislike anything on Squeak
 except not saving.  My favorite part of Squeak is the animation.  So I would
 like it if they had a button just for animation so you wouldn't have to put
 and lay everything out.  Thank you for taking your time to read this letter.

    Rachel

"I don't dislike anything on Squeak except not saving."

Yep. Dumb Squeak. Who came up with the idea of "loading" and "saving" files?
It's a pretty strange idea... and every child can tell you.

Hey, this is a computer, can't it be programmed to organize it's memory?

Those Filesystems try to solve two problems that have *nothing* in common:
"naming" and "memory organization". Bot need to be done. But why together?

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org