AW: Weird Windows 2000 scheduling behaviour with Squeak VM

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Thu Jan 24 20:18:43 UTC 2002

Bill,

The problem is simple: WinNT scheduling sucks.  I'm giving the main
Squeak thread a minimal priority boost since it turns out that this does
_wonders_ for sound generation and some other real-time activities.

The fix is going to be a) allow for completely disabling the priority
boost and/or b) make it dependent on Squeak being the active app.

Cheers,
  - Andreas