Antwort: [BUG] Majorshrink

Boris_Gaertner at msg.de Boris_Gaertner at msg.de
Fri Jan 25 09:58:06 UTC 2002

Stef Ducasse wrote:

186443768 Object>subclassResponsibility
186443676 Boolean>not
186443584 Debugger class>openContext:label:contents:
186443492 Error>devDefaultAction
186443400 Error>defaultAction

In SystemDictionary>>majorShrink you find the following piece
of code:

        [Smalltalk removeAllUnSentMessages > 0]
                whileTrue:
                [Smalltalk unusedClasses do: [:c | (Smalltalk at: c)
removeFromSystem]].

When you modify it is this way:

        [Smalltalk removeAllUnSentMessages > 0]
                whileTrue:
                [Smalltalk unusedClasses do: [:c | Transcript show: c
printString; cr. (Smalltalk at: c) removeFromSystem]].

you see that among other important things, class False is removed.
I do not understand why and at this moment I do not have the time
to explore the error.

Greetings

Boris

msg  systems ag