[ENH] warnNoChanges-ls

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 27 03:50:40 UTC 2002

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi lex
>
> sorry to be pessimistic but forcing people to say yes or no will not change
> anything. I read some excellent books on user interface and look how we do
> we say yes I know ok continue.....

Sure, but I think this is an improvement over what we have.  Currently,
if the changes file is unwritable, then the user *can't* immediately
quit Squeak.  By the time they get a chance to quit, the system will
then ask if they are really sure about it.  It's as if Squeak is
*trying* to get them to mess up.

> I think that for student, the system should not work if they do not do it
> correctly. No other alternatives.

A reasonable alternative.  This will be a real nuisance if you really
have lost your changes file, but how often does that happen?  Wanna code
it up?  :)

-Lex