[ENH] warnNoChanges-ls

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Jan 27 05:20:25 UTC 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Lex Spoon wrote:
[snip]
> > I think that for student, the system should not work if they do not do it
> > correctly. No other alternatives.
>
> A reasonable alternative.

Assuming that it's the student that's messed up and not, oh, that remote
file thingy.

Personally, I find having a temp changes file and little warnings when
browsing methods with the source in the other change files, *much* more
sensible behavior. Not that *I'm* going to code it up :)

>  This will be a real nuisance if you really
> have lost your changes file, but how often does that happen?

I don't know, how often?

> Wanna code
> it up?  :)

Perhaps better would be to offer a file dialog letting them look for thier
changes file?

Cheers,
Bijan "Don't pick on the students" Parsia.