[ENH] warnNoChanges-ls

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 27 06:07:14 UTC 2002

> >  This will be a real nuisance if you really
> > have lost your changes file, but how often does that happen?
>
> I don't know, how often?

Hmmm, it's hard to even imagine a case!  I guess it seems reasonable
after all to just quit, if the changes file can't be opened and
warnIfNoChangesFile is turned on.  Maybe it should be renamed something
like abortIfNoChangesFile, or maybe allowNoChangesFile (the inverse).

> Perhaps better would be to offer a file dialog letting them look for thier
> changes file?

Nice idea, but perhaps it's a little too much AI?  There are a lot of
ways a configuration can be messed up, for example:

	1. The file is read-only, e.g. because it was copied from a CD-ROM and
its permissions came along with it.

	2. The file is sitting on a read-only network drive, e.g. because
students double-clicked on "Squeak" and ran it straight off a network
drive.

-Lex