Pointless Nostalgia

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sun Jan 27 15:55:16 UTC 2002

Kevin --

It's hard to say what machine was being used, but the paint program
was the one that Bob Flegal did for the Smalltalk-80 release.
(Interestingly, there were previous painting programs in earlier
versions of Smalltalk (and in the prototype display) that were nicer
in many ways.) The one that Ted Kaehler did for Smalltalk-76 was
particularly nice with a very workable and friendly interface with
lots of features.

Cheers,

Alan

---------