[ANN] Packets for Squeak

Stefan Krecher stefan at krecher.de
Mon Jan 28 23:56:05 UTC 2002

Hello!

A few month ago i announced the idea of a "squeak attack framework" - a
nessus-like vuln.-scanner. I'm still working on that, but first of all I
guess, that it's important to have a packet-injection and -capturing-engine
for Squeak.
So I programmed a little shared-library for Linux, to create Packets from
Squeak (via pluggable primitives). The libnet-library is needed.
On my homepage (http://www.krecher.de/) you can get the c-source of the
library and some smalltalk-code, that show's how to use it.
For example it is possible to send packets the following way:
TCP new payload: 'howdy'; dstIp: '192.168.0.2'; send
The next steps will be to improve the class-design an implement more
protocols. I'm going to produce some more documentation, maybe on building
plug prims.
Then a packetcapturing-engine will be build, i think of using libpcap, but
have no ideas of a possible design right now.
Suggestions, testing, critiscism and help are very welcome.

Best regards,
Stefan

--
PGP pub-key fingerprint = 2E77 C256 47B1 27B8 AE07  94BE D7A1 2A3C C716 2BE9
PGP public key: http://krecher.de/pubkey.asc