[ANN] Packets for Squeak

Stefan Krecher stefan at krecher.de
Tue Jan 29 21:13:12 UTC 2002

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 12:27:57PM -0500, Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:
> Gerardo Richarte and I have implemented something for packet capturing
> and injecting in Squeak. We wrote an article in the August SqueakNews
> issue: Story of a Quake Packet. You can download it for free from
> http://squeaknews.com.

Is that article available as plain-text, or do I realy have to fetch that
iso-image and burn it on cd?

> I've implemented lots of things with this, including a TCP/IP stack,
> fingerprinting tools, port scanners. The most recent version of the
> Packets stuff is at
> http://community.corest.com/~luciano/tcpip/packets.tar.gz.

Great work - do you have some sample code to show how to use it? Are the
tools you implemented freely available?

> What else are you working on?

I was working on an kind of "libnet and libpcap-binding" for squeak, but
now i'm thinking it over ;-) But I guess I'll finish my work, it's a good
excercise.
The main-goal is the attack-framework we spoke a few month ago - i'm still
designing classes.

regards,
Stefan

--
PGP pub-key fingerprint = 2E77 C256 47B1 27B8 AE07  94BE D7A1 2A3C C716 2BE9
PGP public key: http://krecher.de/pubkey.asc