Refactoring Browser

Eric Dorman dormane at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Jan 29 18:04:03 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have been trying to use the Refactoring Browser v12 on squeak.heeg.de,
rather unsuccessfully.  Pushing down a method works the first time, but
subsequent push downs/ups generate a walkback:

RBParser>>parsePrimitiveObject:  Error: Variable expected

This appears since the variable currentToken is RBKeywordToken('msg:')

...rather than something else.  Beats me what that means in the
context of RB; RB is a bit much for me to grok right now..

Perhaps I'm forgetting something?  Maybe it doesn't work on this image?

My image is a clean 3.3a-4653 and the VM is 3.1a-4164, compiled with
gcc-2.95.3 on FreeBSD-4.5PRE.  I create an empty class from Object,
create a subclass therein, create a method in the superclass, and
push, then push back.

Thanks,

Eric Dorman
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego (SPAWARSYSCEN-SD)
dormane at spawar.navy.mil