A Tool for managing modules

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jan 31 20:37:43 UTC 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 08:20 am, Bergel Alexandre wrote:
> > And I tried to import my Connectors change set (after changing all the
> > category names to be 'People-NedKonz-Connectors').
> >
> > And I imported the change set. When it executes the postscript of the
> > change set, I get a walkback on a doesNotUnderstand:.
>
> I have tried to reproduce this behavior, but I couldn't. Where can I get
> your Connectors change ?

You can get the change set I was using at:
http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned/31

> > But this is the strange thing: the Package Browser shows that I've added
> > the new method to the class in question (this is a one-method extension
> > to MessageSend).
> >
> > It's in a module called
> > #(People NedKonz Connectors 'Squeak Language Core Objects delta')
>
> Strange name for a module, but anyway I will try to fix that.

I didn't name it. The import did. I tried to import to #(People NedKonz
Connectors) and it put my extensions in modules with names like that.

> > How am I supposed to use the system if I can't extend existing classes?
>
> Which system do you refer (ModuleTool is simply a gui, a front-end to
> ModuleInstaller) ?

The module system; I'm sure this isn't something you did. I like your GUI.

> Are you sure to want to use a such name ?

No, but the module system seems to want to.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com