[FIX] via source forge updates

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 31 22:15:10 UTC 2002

Tim fled to his cabin in the mountains and asked me to update source
forge with some changes after I verified they worked ok on the mac.

Beyond posting the changes for 3.2.2 Mac mach-o VM, excluding the FFI
plugin which I'll do later today, the changes are:

cross/sq.h

A typedef for long long int to make acorn users happy, actually acorn
users get long int (32bit) since the compiler doesn't support long
long (64bits).

cross/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c

Revert back to pure ansi, overrides are now done in platform specific
header for 64 bit file io, and for ftruncate support (#define
sqFTruncate to something).

For 64bit file io:

a) Your platform compiler must support long long int, pointless otherwise.
b)  you must typedef
squeakFileOffsetType to the 64bit file offset type (possibly off_t,
but you need to verify the number of bits, some u**x environments are
broken)
fseek to the 64bit fseeko?
ftell to the 64bit ftello?

unix/sqPlatformSpecific.h
include <unistd.h> for ftruncate
enable 64bit io per notes above
However you need to comfirm the 64bit file io stuff really works even
if it compiles.