Squeaky Gimp

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Jul 1 14:31:25 UTC 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Philip Knodle wrote:
> > Has anyone done any work with hooking Squeak up with the Gimp?
> > Thanks,
> > Philip Knodle
> >

> Given the lack of responses, maybe nobody has.
> You might get some help if you tell us what exactly you're trying to achieve.
> 'Hooking up' by itself does not mean enough.

Made sense to me.  I assume he means "Can Squeak be used in the same way
Scheme and Perl can be used for script-fu?"

Short answer: no, it can't- not yet at least.

Long answer:
Unfortunately, the answer is still no.  The as far as I've read about it
(which isn't that much), the Script-Fu API is quite clean.  One could
fairly easily whip up a SOAP server in perl that exposes the API to
Squeak, and any other SOAP-capable language.

Also Philip, have you seen this?:
http://webs.sinectis.com.ar/jmvuletich/ImageProcessing/ImageProcessing.html

It may not have the GIMP UI, but if you're looking to manipulate images
programatically, this may have the features to do the trick.

Aaron