SOAPy GTK+ (was Re: Squeaky Gimp)

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Jul 1 19:23:16 UTC 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Aaron wrote:

> Yup, which is why I suggested it.  There could easily be a perl-fu plug-in
> written that accepted SOAP requests from Squeak, and a SOAP server and
> client running in Squeak (Squeak server may be unnec, but perhaps for
> callbacks in to Squeak).

Lately, I've been playing with GTK+-Perl.  Working on making a few
primitive Smalltalk-like tools for perl, for those times when I need to
use it at work.  GTK+ perl is simple enough, that a SOAP or XML-RPC driven
GTK+ interface for Squeak seems quite feasbile. I may work on a proof of
concept sometime in the next few weeks if I have the time.

I know, not elegant.  I know, GTK+ sucks, just use Squeak.  But it's fun!

Aaron